Cucumber – 3 or 4, tender
Green Gram Dal – 1 1/2 tblsp
Lemon – 1
Fried Curd Chillies – 3 or 4
Fresh Coconut – 1 tblsp, grated
Coriander Leaves – 1 tblsp, finely chopped
Salt as required
Oil for seasoning
Mustard Seeds for seasoning
1. Scrape outer skin, check for bitterness and slice the cucumber into thin rounds.
2. Shred the rounds again into thin 1 1/2 inch long even pieces.
3. Cook dal in water till it splits. Drain off excess water.
4. Mix cucumber, dal, salt, coriander leaves, grated coconut, crushed chillies in a bowl.
5. Squeeze lemon, fry mustard seeds in a tsp of oil and add to the salad.
6. Serve within 10 minutes.