Garlic – 12 flakes
Small Onions – 1/2 cup, peeled
Tamarind – lemon sized
Red Chillies – 3, broken into two
Mustard Seeds – 1/4 tsp
Black Gram Dal – 1 tsp
Bengal Gram Dal – 1 tsp
Fenugreek – 1/2 tsp
Coarsely powdered Pepper – 1 tsp
Salt as required
Jaggery as per taste
1. Soak tamarind in enough water and then squeeze to take extract.
2. Heat oil in a deep frying pan, add mustard, bengal gram, black gram, fenugreek, broken red chillies and curry leaves.
3. Add peeled garlic, onions and fry till it turns golden.
4. Add tamarind extract, salt, jaggery and boil till gravy becomes thick.
5. Add pepper at the end and remove from fire.