Cabbage – 250 gms, finely chopped
Dry Red Chillies – 8 to 10
Tamarind – a small lemon sized ball (or 3 small tomatoes)
Small Onions – 10, chopped
Urad Dal – 2 tsp
Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Curry Leaves – few
Coriander Leaves – few
Oil as required
Salt as per taste
1. Heat oil in a pan.
2. Add urad dal and fry till dals turn golden.
3. Add chopped onions, cabbage, red chillies and stir-fry till raw smell of the cabbage disappears.
4. Add tamarind or chopped tomatoes, salt and coriander leaves.
5. Cook for a minute more and remove.
6. Allow it to cool and grind together in a mixie.
7. Heat little oil in a small frying pan.
8. Fry the mustard seeds and curry leaves.
9. Pour over the chutney.
10. Serve hot with idli or chapati.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !