Orange Peel – 1 cup, chopped
Green Chillies – 12
Bengal Gram Dal – 1 tblsp
Urad Dal – 2 tsp
Coriander Leaves – 1 bunch
Tamarind – goosebery size soaked in water
Salt as required
Oil – 2 tsp
Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Asafoetida – little
1. Select loose jacketed orange and chop outer skin.
2. Remove innermost white pith which is bitter in taste.
3. Chop orange peel into pieces and fry well in oil.
4. Fry slit chillies, bengalgram dal and urad dal in little oil till golden.
5. Grind fried orange rind, fried ingredients, tamarind, salt together to chutney consistency.
6. Heat little oil, season with mustard seeds, asafoetida, curry leaves and mix with chutney.