Litchi (tinned): 12-15 pieces
Fresh paneer: 250 gm
Powdered sugar: 4 tbsp
Milk: 2 litres
Sugar: 6-8 tbsp
Saffron: a few strands
Cardamom powder: 1 tsp
1. Mix the paneer and powdered sugar.
2. Knead well until light and fluffy.
3. Make small ball of this mixture and gently stuff in the centre of the litchis.
4. Put the milk to boil and let it reduce to half the quantity.
5. Add sugar and mix well.
6. Arrange the litchis in a flat dish.
7. Pour the thick milk over it.
8. Add cardamom powder and mix well.
9. Keep it aside.
10. Dissolve the saffron in a little milk and sprinkle it over the milk layer.
11. Cover with silver foil and chill it.
12. Serve chilled.