Cooked potatoes – 1/2 kg.
Finely cut onions – 2 tbsp
Cooked peas – 1/2 cup
Broken Vermicelli – 1 cup
Salt – as required
Red chilli powder – 1 1/2 tsp
Green chilli paste – 1 tsp
Coriander leaves – 2 tbsp
Garam Masala powder – 1/4 tsp
Oil – for frying.
Make into paste :
Maida – 1 tbsp
Corn flour – 1 tbsp
Water – 1/4 cup.
Method :1. Peel outer skin from cooked potatoes and mash well without any lumps.
2. Add salt, red chilli powder, chilli paste, ground coriander leaves and mix well.
3. Heat little oil and fry onions till crisp.
4. Add cooked peas salt, little chilli powder and garam masala.
5. Fry till moisture is obsorbed and remove from fire.
6. Make medium sized balls from potato mixture.
7. Make a dent and keep little peas stuffing inside.
8. Close and seal well properly.
9. Shape like an egg, dip in maida paste and roll on vermicelli bits.
10. Chill for 1/2 an hour.
11. Deep fry in hot oil till crisp and brown.
12. Just before serving cut them diagonally and arrange on a plate of coriander leaves or cabbage leaves.
13. Serve with tomato ketchup.
Note : For best result use half cooked vermicelli bits which is dried well by spreading over a towel.