Potatoes – 5, medium sized
Ridge Gourd – 1/2 kg
Bengalgram Flour – 2 tblsp
Cumin Powder – 1 tsp
Sugar – 1/2 tsp
Salt as required
Red Chilli Powder – 1 1/2 tsp
Dry Mango Powder – 2 tsp
Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
Dhania Powder – 1 tblsp
1. Select lengthy medium, even sized potatoes. Pressure cook and peel out the skin.
2. Cut into 4, half way through at one end keeping the whole potato intact.
3. Scrape and remove skin from ridge gourd. If the ridge gourd is bitter, do not use. Cut into 2 or 3 pieces.
4. Cut into 4, half way through at one end keeping the whole ridge gourd intact.
5. Dry roast bengal gram flour till good smell comes from that.
6. Mix it with all the other powdered ingredients.
7. Stuff the mixture inside the ridge gourd and potatoes.
8. Heat oil in a broad frying pan and arrange stuffed vegetables in it.
9. Keep closed in reduced flame. Stir in between and fry well.
10. Pour 1 cup water and cook till dry.
11. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve as a dry curry.
12. If you want to make this a gravy, add 1 1/2 cups of water after frying. Cook till it becomes thick.