1 medium raw Papaya, peeled and sliced
1 medium Onion, finely sliced
4 Green Chillies, slit
4 Garlic Flakes
1 inch piece of Ginger
1 tsp Cumin seeds
4 Red Chillies
few Curry leaves
1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
1 big Tomato, grated
Salt to taste
1. Grind coconut, peppercorns, red chillies, garlic, ginger and cumin seeds to a paste.
2. Heat 2 tblsp of oil and fry the onions lightly.
3. Put in the fried onions, the ground paste, tomatoes and spices and cook.
4. When oil comes out, add papaya and 1 glass of water.
5. Cook till the papaya is done.
6. Mix in the curry leaves and serve hot.