24 thick and large Green Chillies, slit
1 tsp Ginger paste
1 tsp Garlic paste
2 tblsp Sesame seeds or Til
25 raw Groundnuts
1 tsp Cumin seeds
1 tblsp Coriander seeds
1 lime sized ball of Tamarind
2 medium Onions
1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
Salt and Chilli powder to taste
1. Roast til, cumin and coriander seeds and powder them.
2. Grind groundnuts coarsely.
3. Cover tamarind with 2 cups of hot water for 5 minutes and then squeeze out pulp.
4. Heat 2 tblsp of oil and fry onion paste to a light golden colour.
5. Then add groundnuts and powdered spices and fry nicely.
6. Add the chillies and fry till they start turning brown.
7. Pour in the tamarind and cook till the gravy turns a little thick.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !