500 gms Hilsa or Rohu Fish, cleaned and sliced
2 tblsp Mustard seeds
5 Green Chillies
2 Red Chillies
1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
1/2 tsp Panchphoram (mixture of anise, mustard, fenugreek, cumin seeds and black jeera)
1. Pound mustard and chillies to a paste.
2. Heat 4 tblsp of oil and add red chillies and panchphoram.
3. When the mixture turns brown, add mustard.
4. Fry nicely.
6. Cover with water, then add turmeric and salt, and bring the mixture to a boil.
7. Fry the fish lightly and add to the boiling curry.
8. Cook for 10-12 minutes or till the fish is done.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !