500 gms Hilsa or Rohu Fish, cleaned and sliced
2 Potatoes, medium, peeled and cubed
1 Brinjal, medium and sliced
100 gms Parwal, peeled and sliced
1 tsp Cumin seeds
2 Bay leaves
1 tsp Turmeric powder
4 Green Chillies, minced
a few sprigs of Coriander leaves
Salt and Chilli powder to taste
1. Fry fish to a golden colour.
2. Heat 4 tblsp of oil.
3. Add cumin seeds and bay leaves and when the seeds stop popping, add vegetables, spices and salt.
4. Fry a little, then cover with water and cook till the vegetables are almost done.
5. Then put in fish and chillies.
6. Remove from fire when the vegetables are cooked.
7. Sprinkle on top garam masala and coriander leaves.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !