500 gms Hilsa or Rohu Fish
1 tsp Turmeric powder
4 Red Chillies
1 inch piece Ginger
1 small bunch of sliced Coriander leaves
1 tsp Black Jeera
4 Green Chillies, sliced
100 gms Mustard Oil
Salt to taste
1. Clean and cut the fish into neat slices.
2. Grind ginger and red chillies to a paste.
3. Mix ginger with turmeric and salt and apply on the fish.
4. Set aside for half an hour.
5. Heat oil and put in black jeera, then put in fish and fry nicely.
6. Cover with hot water and put in the remaining ingredients.
7. Simmer over a slow fire for 10 minutes.
8. Serve hot.