600 gm thick and big bhien or lotus stems
300 gm ground pork, mutton or prawns
50 gm finely shredded mushrooms
1 tsp minced ginger
1 green onion, minced
2 tbsp soya sauce
1 tbsp cornflour
Salt and pepper to taste
1 cup maida or refined flour
½ cup cornflour
1 egg beaten
1 cup water
Salt to taste
1. Mix all the ingredients of the batter to a smooth paste.
2. Mix the pork with mushrooms, ginger, onion, sauce, cornflour, salt and pepper.
3. Cut the lotus stems into neat rounds and boil till almost tender.
4. Sandwich two rounds of lotus stems together with meat paste.
5. In this way sandwich all the lotus stems together.
6. Dip in the batter and deep fry to a golden colour.
7. Drain and serve with a green salad.