500 gms Prawns, cleaned and deveined
1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
1 tsp Coriander seeds
6 Red Chillies
1 small Onion
1/2 cup Tamarind water
handful of Coriander leaves
2 medium Onions, minced
1 tsp ground Cumin seeds
Salt and Chilli powder to taste
1. Apply salt and turmeric on prawns and set aside for half an hour.
2. Grind coconut, small onion, coriander, cumin seeds and chillies to a paste.
3. Heat 4 tblsp of oil and fry the onions till soft.
4. Add prawns and fry till they turn dry.
5. Pour in 1 cup of water with tamarind and cook till the prawns are almost done.
6. Then add the ground paste and cook till prawns are done.
7. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot.