1 Pomfret, medium, cleaned and sliced
2 Potatoes, medium, peeled and diced into cubes
1 Onion, big, minced
1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
1 tblsp Dhania-Jeera powder
2 Tomatoes, big and pureed
4 Green Chillies, slit
few Curry leaves
2 tblsp Tamarind water
Salt and Chilli powder to taste
1. Grind coconut to a paste.
2. Heat 3 tblsp of oil and fry the onions till they become soft.
3. Add tomatoes, coconut, spices and chillies.
4. When the tomatoes turn soft, add potatoes, pour in two cups of water and cook till the potatoes are half done.
5. Lightly fry the fish and add to the curry.
6. Add curry leaves and tamarind.
7. Cook till the potatoes and fish are done.
8. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.