250 gms Bhien or Lotus Stems
250 gms Peas, boiled
100 gms Tomatoes, pureed
4 flakes of Garlic,
1 large Onion
1 tblsp Dhania-Jeera powder
4 Green Chillies, slit
handful of Coriander leaves
a few Curry leaves
1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
1/4 tsp Garam masala
Salt and Chilli powder to taste
1. Clean, wash, slice and boil the lotus stems.
2. Grind onion and garlic to a paste.
3. Heat 3 tblsp, ghee and fry the paste to a golden colour.
4. Add tomatoes, spices, curry leaves and chillies to the fried paste and cook till the ghee separates.
5. Then add vegetables, mix well and then pour in the coconut milk.
6. Simmer over a gentle fire till the curry turns a little thick.
7. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve.
Thanks for the recipe, I ll try it, but noticed that coconut milk is not listed in the ingredients?