250 gms Green peas
1/2 kg Potatoes
1/2 tsp Sugar
1 inch piece of Ginger, julienned
1 tsp Chilli powder
1 tsp Cumin seeds
1 pinch of Pepper powder
2 tbsp Coconut, grated
a few Coriander leaves
Oil to fry
Salt to taste
1. Shell the green peas and boil in salted water. Drain and keep aside. Boil the potatoes separately. Peel, cut into pieces and keep aside.
2. Heat oil in a kadai. Add cumin seeds, when they splutter add ginger juliennes.
3. Add the boiled peas, potatoes, chilli powder, salt and sugar. Stir for a minute.
4. Squeeze the juice of lemon over the ghugni, sprinkle the pepper and remove from fire.
5. Garnish with coriander leaves and coconut.
6. Serve hot as a snack.