500 gms Fish
2 large Onions
a small piece of Ginger
1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
2 tbsp Coriander seeds
3-4 Green Chillies
2 cloves of Garlic
20 gms Tamarind
1 pinch Mustard seeds
3 whole Red Chillies
5 tbsp Coriander leaves
6 tbsp Oil
Salt to taste
1. Clean and wash the fish and cut into pieces.
2. Grind together coriander seeds, red chillies, ginger-garlic and coconut.
3. Soak tamarind and extract the pulp.
4. Chop green chillies and onions.
5. Heat oil, add chopped green chillies and onions. Saute for a few minutes.
6. Add ground masala and fry well.
7. Add the tamarind pulp and water along with salt. Bring to a boil.
8. Add the fish and simmer until the fish is cooked.
9. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with rice.