Dry lentils – 3 tbl sp.(masoor dhal)
Carrots – 3 (medium sized)
Celery or leek – 1 stick
Onion – 1
Bay leaf – 1
Butter – t tbl sp.
Salt – as required
Worcestershire sauce – 1/2 tbl sp.
For spice bag: (Crush coarsely)
Cumin seed: 1/2 tsp
Aniseed (sombu) – 1/4 tsp
Pepper – 1/2 tsp
Garlic – 1 flake
1. Blanch and chop carrots finely.
2. Chop leek or celery into small pieces (centre stem alone).
3. Mince or chop onions finely.
4. Heat butter in pressure cooker and fry onions alongs with bay leaf (reduced flame).
5. After one or two minutes add leek and then carrots.
6. Stir fry for another two minutes.
7. Pour 2 cups of water
8. Put in spice bag and washed dhal.
9. Close lid and pressure cook for 5 minutes (in reduced flame only)
10. Cool down, remove spice bag, add salt, sauce and dilute as per taste.
11. Reheat and serve hot in bowls.
Note: Do not over cook this soup. Lentil should be just soft to touch.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !