Colocasia with coconut
500 gms Arvi (Colocasia)
5 gms Kokum
1/2 Coconut, grated
10 gms Green chillies
3 cloves of Garlic
2 sprigs Curry leaves
1 tsp Turmeric powder
30 ml Coconut oil
Salt to taste
1. Peel arvi, wash well. Put into cold water and bring to a boil. Drain.
2. Add salt, washed kokum and just enough water to cook the arvi.
3. Grind together the coconut, green chillies, turmeric powder, garlic and onions into a fine paste.
4. When the arvi is tender and the moisture has evaporated, add the ground mixture.
5. Mix well and stir over low fire for about 2 minutes.
6. Add curry leaves and fresh coconut oil. Remove from fire.
7. Serve hot.