500 gms ripe Tomatoes
a handful of roasted Groundnuts, crushed
a small ball of Jaggery
4-5 Green chillies
1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
a pinch of Asafoetida
1 tbsp Ghee
a pinch of Salt
1. Wash and cut each tomato into 8 pieces. Slice the chillies lengthwise.
2. Heat ghee and prepare a seasoning with mustard seeds, turmeric powder and asafoetida.
3. Add chillies and fry for sometime. Put in the tomato pieces, salt and jaggery and allow to steam cook.
4. Lastly, add the crushed groundnuts. Mix well and remove the vessel from heat.
5. This dish should be slightly sweet.
How to Make Tomato Panchamrit Recipe
You might also like these recipes
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this Tomato Panchamrit Recipe from Awesome Cuisine.