Mustard seeds – 1/4 tsp
Asafoetida powder – 1 tsp
Curry leaves – a few
Green mango – 1, medium size
Chilli powder – 2 tbsp
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Fenugreek seeds – 1/2 tsp
Oil – 2 to 3 tbsp
1. Fry the fenugreek seeds. Crush the roasted seeds into powder. It serves the purpose of a preservative.
2. Chop the raw mango into small portions.
3. Heat oil in a pan and crackle the mustard seeds.
4. Put in the mango pieces. Fry for a couple of minutes.
5. Sprinkle the fenugreek powder over the mangoes. Add turmeric powder, asafoetida, curry leaves and chilli powder. Cook for sometime.
Tip: For better results, add salt to the chopped mango and preserve it in a glass jar. Keep aside for a few days and then make this curry.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !