Wheat flour – 300 gms
Semolina – 100 gms
Salt – 1 tsp
Water – 1/2 litre
Ghee as required
1. Make a stiff dough by mixing together 6 tbsp ghee, salt, flour and semolina and kneading the ingredients with water. Use a wet cloth to cover this and set aside the dough for the next 30 minutes.
2. Divide the dough into 10 pieces. Roll each piece and press the centre of it with your thumb.
3. Take half litre of boiling water and put the baati into it for 10 minutes.
4. Take the baati out of the water and place it on a paper towel.
5. In an oven (grill), roast the baati until it turns golden brown in colour.
6. Dip each of the baati in hot ghee before serving them.
7. Serve with dal, churma or ginger chutney.