For layer 1
Milk bread – 8 slices (6 if large)
Instant coffee – 1 tbsp
Drinking chocolate – 1 tbsp
Icing sugar – 1 tbsp
Milk – 3 tbsp
Vanilla essence – 1/4 tbsp
For layer 2
Vanilla ice cream – 1/2 litre
Gelatine crystals – 1 tbsp
Water – 1/2 cup
Curd – 1 tbsp
Sugar – 2 tbsp
Milk chocolate – 1 tbsp, grated
Chocolate sauce – optional
For layer 1:
1. Break bread and place in a dry-grind mixie. Add the chocolate powder, coffee, icing sugar and essence.
2. Blend to get fine crumbs. Rinse a casserole or padding bowl with cold water. Put the crumbs in and press down evenly and lightly by hand. Sprinkle the milk over it and allow to set in chiller for 1 hour.
3. Take water in a heavy based pan and sprinkle the sugar and gelatine over it. Leave undisturbed for 5 to 7 minutes.
4. Now warm over very low flame stirring continuously till no crystals are left and water is clear.
5. Beat ice cream over a tray of chilled water of ice cubes.
6. To the ice cream, add the curd, gelatine solution and stir, keep stirring till thick and creamy.
7. Pour over the bread layer.
8. Allow to set in freezer and decorate with grated chocolate. Serve with chocolate sauce.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !