For boiling chana: 45 mins and Boiling potato: 5 mins.
1 cup sprouts
2 cups puffed rice (murmura)
1 cup cornflakes (optional)
½ cup chick peas (kabuli chana)
2 potatoes (boiled & chopped)
1 onion (finely chopped)
1 cucumber (finely chopped)
1 ginger (finely chopped)
2 green chillies (finely chopped)
3 – 4 wheat flour biscuits (optional)
1 lemon juice
1 tbsp of fresh coriander (chopped) (green dhania)
1 tsp chat masala powder
½ tsp red chilli powder
½ tsp roasted cumin (jeera) seeds powder
1 tsp dried mint leaves (dry pudina leaves) or powder 1 tbsp fresh mint leaves (green pudina)
Salt and black pepper powder (to taste)
1. Steam sprouts with Â¼ cup water and salt in a covered microwave safe bowl for 2 – 3 mins at 100% power. Allow to stand for 5 mins.
2. Take 2 potatoes, wash and prick them with a fork. Boil covered 1 cup of water at 100% power for 4 – 5 mins in a microwave safe bowl. Allow to stand for 5 mins. Peel and chop them.
3. Wash and soak the chick peas overnight. Drain the excess water. Boil in 3 cups water and salt at 100% power for 30 mins. Add then at 60% power for 15 mins (covered) Allow to stand for 5 mins.
4. Mix all the ingredients of chat and spices thoroughly in a mixing bowl.
5. Serve immediately (to prevent loss of crunchiness and crispness) with tomato sauce, mint / coriander chutney.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !