Cooking time: 7:30 mins
80 gms soya nuggets
1 tsp oil
2 tbsp onion paste
1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
4 tbsp tomato puree or paste
½ cup water
1 tsp curd (made from toned milk)
½ tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
½ tsp coriander powder (dhania)
Â¼ tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
½ tsp chat masala powder
Â¼ tsp garam masala powder
Salt, red chilli and black pepper powder (to taste)
1 tbsp green coriander (to garnish)
1. Soak soya nuggets in 2 cups of water and salt for 15 – 20 mins.
2. Microwave oil at 100% power for 30 secs. in a microwave safe bowl. Add all dry spices and microwave at 100% power for 1 min.
3. Add onion, ginger-garlic paste and tomato puree. Microwave for 3 – 4 mins. at 100% power. Stir in between.
4. Strain the soya nuggets. Add curd, ½ cup water and soya nuggets to the prepared masala. Microwave (covered) for 3 – 4 mins. Stir in between.
5. Allow to stand for 5 mins.
6. Serve with rice / roti / parantha.
Tip: You can add finely chopped seasonal vegetable like capsicum, carrots, beans to make it more interesting and nutritious. You can add this to the vegetable pulao recipe too.
send recipe for those who dont have microwave.