Cooking time: 7 mins.
1 cup flour
Â¾ cup sugar
½ cup curd
½ cup white butter or malai
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp soda-bi-carbonate
5 tbsp milk
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1. Grease a microwave safe round cake dish.
2. Sieve flour, cocoa powder, soda-bi-carbonate and baking powder in a bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, beat curd, white butter & sugar, till fluffy and creamy.
4. Mix sieved flour mixture with the beaten sugar mixture slowly. Add milk and stir it gradually.
5. Pour cake batter in the greased microwave safe cake dish.
6. Microwave for 7 – 8 mins at 60% power.
7. Cool for 10 mins on the wire rack.
8. Garnish with your favourite icing & cut fresh fruits.
9. Serve with tea / coffee.
1. The cake batter should be of a thin ribbon consistency i.e. the batter should fall of from a height in a ribbon shape.
2. If batter is thick, adjust the consistency with addition of more milk.
3. Do not cover while microwaving a cake.
4. Always fill the cake dish to Â¾ to allow space for cake to rise.
5. The microwaved cake may appear wet and undone when removed from the microwave. Allow to stand for 5 mins. It will turn dry on standing.
6. You can add 2 beaten eggs in place of curd at step 3.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !