Cooking time: 18 mins.
1 cup basmati rice
2 cups water
Â¼ cup sugar
1 tbsp ghee / oil
1 tbsp raisins (kishmish)
1 tbsp blanched almonds (badam)
2 small green cardamom (small elaichi)
a pinch of saffron (kesar)
a pinch of edible yellow colour
1. Clean and wash rice. Soak for 15 – 20 mins. in two cups of water. Then drain the water.
2. In a microwave safe bowl, mix soaked rice, 1 cup of water, ghee / oil, cardamom and edible yellow colour. Microwave covered at 100% power for 9 – 10 mins. Stir in between.
3. Add 1 cup hot water, sugar saffron strands and raisins. Microwave covered at 60% power for 9 – 10 mins. Stir in between.
4. Allow to stand for 5 mins.
5. Garnish with fresh fruits before serving.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !