Butter – 250 gms
Sugar – 250 gms
Eggs – 5
Flour – 225 gms
Baking powder – 5 gms
Cocoa powder – 25 gms
1. Beat together butter and sugar in a bowl.
2. Mixing very gently, add in the eggs in small quantities and beat till fluffy.
3. In 1/5 of the mix add the cocoa powder.
4. To the remaining mixture, add the flour and baking powder.
5. Put the flour mixture and baking powder in a round greased cake tin.
6. Put the cocoa mixture in streaks and marble it with the help of a stick or fork.
7. Bake the cake at 300F for about 30 minutes or till done.
8. Best served warm and sliced to show the marbled effect.