Cooking time: 30 mins.
1 medium cauliflower (chopped)
150 gms. carrot (chopped)
150 gms. turnip (shalgam)
50 gms. garlic (crushed)
2 tbsp mustard oil
2 tsp salt
2 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp garam masala
A pinch of asafetida (heeng)
3 tsp jaggery (gur – crushed)
2 tbsp tamarind (imli paste)
Â¼ cup vinegar
1. Wash, peel and cut vegetables. In a microwave safe bowl steam all vegetables in ½ cup water at 100% power for 3 – 4 mins. Allow to stand, covered for 5 mins.
2. In another microwave safe bowl add oil & microwave at 100% power for 30 secs.
3. Add crushed garlic, salt and turmeric. Microwave at 100% power for 2 mins.
4. Add crushed jaggery, vinegar, tamarind pulp, asafetida and microwave for 2 mins. Stir in between.
5. Add microwaved vegetables and microwave for 2 mins. at 100% power.
6. Store in air-tight jar when cool.
Note: Consume within a week’s time.