Cooking time: 10:30 mins
2 cups sour curd
1 cup water
2 tbsp gram flour (besan)
1 tsp jaggery (gur) (crushed)
1 tsp ginger green chilli paste
1 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp oil
2 – 3 curry leaves
1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
a pinch of asafoetida (heeng)
1. Beat curd, water and gram flour together to obtain a batter of pouring consistency.
2. Crush jaggery and add to this mixture.
3. In a microwave safe bowl microwave oil at 100% power for 30 secs.
4. Add all dry spices for the tempering and microwave for 2 – 3 mins. at 100% power.
5. Add gram flour and curd mixture to the microwave tempering and microwave at 100% power for 8 – 10 mins. Stir in between.
6. Serve hot with boiled rice and papad.
Health Tip: Toned milk curd can be used.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !