Cooking time: 19:30 mins
1 chicken (1 kg. approx.) (cut into pieces)
1 cup hung curd
3 tbsp ginger, garlic and green chilli paste (ground together)
Salt & red chilli powder (to taste)
200 gms. onion (finely chopped)
200 gms. tomatoes (finely chopped)
2 – 3 green chillies (finely chopped)
1 tsp garam masala powder
Salt, black pepper (to taste)
½ tsp coriander (dhania) powder
1 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
1 tsp red chilli powder
2 tbsp dried fenugreek leaves (kasoori methi)
2 tbsp oil
1. Wash, clean and cut the chicken into pieces.
2. Mix all the ingredients for the marinade. Add chicken pieces and refrigerate for an hour.
3. In a microwave safe bowl heat oil at 100% power for 30 secs. Add chopped onions and microwave for 5 mins at 100% power, till golden brown. Stir in between.
4. Add all the spices (except dried fenugreek leaves) and chopped tomatoes and microwave for 5 mins. at 100% power. Stir in between.
5. Add chicken pieces and microwave (covered) for 7 – 8 mins at 100% power. Reposition frequently.
6. Lastly, add dried fenugreek leaves and microwave (covered) for 2 mins. at 60% power. Allow to stand for 5 mins. Serve hot with naan or parantha.