Cooking time: 15:30 mins
2 cups sour curd
1 cup water
2 tsp gram flour (besan)
1 tsp oil
1 tbsp ginger & green chilli paste
1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
1 tsp mustard seeds
a pinch of asafoetida (heeng)
6 – 7 curry leaves
Salt & black pepper powder (to taste)
2 dry red chillies
1/2 tsp sugar (option)
1/2 turmeric powder (haldi)
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
1/2 tsp garam masala powder
1 tbsp chopped coriander (to garnish)
1/2 cup gram flour (besan)
1 small onion (chopped finely)
1/4 tsp fruit salt or a pinch of soda-bi-carbonate
1 tsp dried fenugreek leaves (kasoori methi)
Salt, black pepper and red chilli powder (to taste)
1. Mix all ingredients of Pakoras and add water to make a thick batter of dropping consistency.
2. Microwave in small microwave safe idli mould for 1 – 2 mins. at 100% power.
3. Microwave oil at 100% power for 30 secs in a microwave safe bowl.
4. Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, asafoetida, curry leaves, red chilli, turmeric powder and salt. Microwave for 1 min. at 100% power.
5. Add chilli-ginger paste and microwave for 2 mins. at 100% power.
6. Beat curd, water and gram flour to make a smooth mixture.
7. Add this mixture to masala. Microwave for 7 – 8 mins at 100% power. Stir in between.
8. Add the Pakoras to the kadi and microwave covered at 80% power for 4 mins.
9. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves. Serve with boiled rice / roti.