Cooking time: 1:05 hr
1 cup chick peas (kabuli chane)
6 cups water
1/2 tsp soda-bi-carbonate
1 tsp rock salt (kala namak)
1 tbsp oil
2 onions (sliced)
1 tbsp chana masala powder
2 tsp garlic paste
2 tsp ginger paste
2 tomatoes (chopped)
2 green chillies (chopped)
1 tsp garam masala powder
2 tbsp tamarind paste (imli paste)
Salt, black pepper and chilli powder (according to taste)
1. Clean the chick peas and soak overnight. Drain the water.
2. In a microwave sage bowl add chick peas, soda-bi-carbonate, rock salt and 6 cups of water and boil at 100% power for 15 mins.
3. Then microwave covered it on 80% power for 20 mins. Stir in between and microwave at 40% for another 10 mins. Keep covered.
4. Microwave oil at 100% power for 1 min. in another microwave safe bowl.
5. Add onion slices, ginger and garlic paste, chillies and microwave at 100% power for 4 – 5 mins. Stir in between.
6. Now mix chopped tomatoes, garam masala, salt, red chilli powder and chana masala. Microwave for 4 mins at 80% power.
7. Now add boiled chick peas to it and microwave covered at 80% power for 5 – 6 mins. Now mix tamarind paste and microwave for 5 mins at 60% power.
8. Allow to stand for 5 mins. Serve with kulcha, paranthas and naan.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !