250 gms boneless fish – cut into one inch squares or cubes
2 tsp soya sauce
2 tsp ginger paste
2 tsp tomato paste
2 tsp honey
2 tbsp olive oil
100 gms spring onions – cut into thin pieces (the white and green portions)
1 tsp ginger juliennes
salt to taste
1. Marinate the fish pieces with the soya sauce and ginger paste for half an hour.
2. Heat half the quantity of the oil in a non stick pan and add the marinated fish pieces.
3. Stir gently and cover with a lid and cook only for 3-4 minutes over low heat.
4. Mix in the spring onions and continue to stir fry for a further 2 minutes stirring once or twice very gently and adding the remaining oil from time to time.
5. Add the honey and toss gently.
6. Check the salt and if needed add a few pinches as per taste.
7. Sprinkle ginger pieces and serve with plain rice.