Cooking time: 16:30 mins
1 cup basmati rice
50 gms. shelled peas
50 gms. carrot (chopped)
1 onion (chopped)
50 gms. potatoes (chopped)
50 gms. cauliflower (chopped)
1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
2 cinnamon sticks (dal chin)
2 cloves (laung)
2 black-cardamoms (badi elaichi)
2 bay leaves (tej patta)
1 tbsp ghee / oil
2 cups of water
Salt black pepper powder (to taste)
1. Wash and soak rice for 20 mins in water. Drain excess eater and keep aside.
2. In a microwave safe bowl, microwave oil / ghee for 30 secs at 100% power.
3. Add cumin, cinnamon, cloves, black cardamoms, bay leaves, salt and chopped onion and microwave at 100% power for 2 mins. Stir in between.
4. Add all other vegetables, soaked rice and 2 cup water and microwave covered at 100% power for 9 – 10 mins and then at 60% power for 5 – 6 mins. Stir in between.
5. Allow to stand for 5 mins and serve hot with dal or curry.
Tip: You can add vegetables, mushrooms or soya nutrinuggets to make it more nutritious.