Cooking time: 14 mins (micro) and 25 mins (grill)
250 gms potatoes (boiled)
2 tbsp bread crumbs
100 gms chana dal
1/2 tsp chat masala powder
1/4 tsp garam masala powder
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
2 – 3 green chillies (chopped)
Salt (to taste)
2 tbsp chopped green coriander (dhania)
1 tsp oil
1 cup water
1. Boil potatoes. Allow to stand for 5 mins. Peel and mash the potatoes
2. Wash and soak chana dal in a cup of water for ½ an hour. Boil soaked dal with 1 cup of water in a covered microwave safe bowl for 10 mins. at 100% power. And for another 4 mins at 60% power. Allow to stand for 5 mins.
3. Make a smooth mixture of mashed potatoes and bread crumbs.
4. Mix dal with all the ingredients of the filling (except oil) and keep aside.
5. Make small balls of the potato mixture, applying little oil on your hands. Fill with the above mixture and shape with them into small tikkis.
6. Preheat the oven at 250 degree Celsius at convection mode.
7. Place the prepared tikkis on greased non-stick tawa / microwave flat safe dish on high rack and bake at 250 degree Celsius for 25 – 30 mins.
8. Reposition frequently for uniform browning.
9. Relish with green chutney and sonth.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !