Onion – 1/4 cup, sliced
Oregano – 1/4 tsp, crushed
Small red potatoes – 750 gms, fresh
Fresh parsley – 2 tbsp, chopped
Extra virgin olive oil – 3/4 cup
Red wine vinegar – 3 tbsp
Green pepper – 1/2, sliced into thin strips
Fresh basil – 1/4 tsp, minced
Garlic clove – 3, finely crushed
Pepper powder as per taste
Salt as per taste
1. Boil water in a medium saucepan. Add a tsp of salt to the boiling water.
2. Lower the potatoes into water in a very gentle manner.
3. Allow it to boil with skins on. Wait till the potatoes become fork tender. Wash under cold water.
4. Next, cut each potatoe into four parts. In a pan, heat olive oil and add rest of the ingredients along with the potato pieces.
5. Cook over medium flame for just one minute. Keep aside and let it cool down.
6. Potato salad is ready. Serve it warm or cold.
You can substitute the 3 tbsp red wine vinegar with 1 tbsp of balsamic vinegar and 2 tbsp of red wine vinegar for a more spicy and tangy taste.