4 cups milk
4 tsp finely sliced china grass
5 tbsp sugar
4 tbsp cream
4 tbsp minced almonds
A few drops of almond essence
½ cup sugar
2 cups water
6 slices canned pineapple
6 canned cherries
1. Dissolve china grass in Â¼ cup water over low heat.
2. Mix in sugar and milk.
3. When the sugar dissolves completely remove from fire.
4. Cool and mix in cream and almonds.
5. Put in a flat pan and chill till firm.
6. Prepare a syrup with sugar and water and chill.
7. Add essence.
8. Cut china grass into neat squares and pour syrup on top.
9. Put pineapple slices on top.
10. In the hole of the centre of each pineapple slice place a cherry and serve.