Boiled and mashed pumpkin – 500 gms
Diluted tamarind water – 1/2 cup
Dissolved grated jaggery – 1/2 cup
Bay leaf – 1
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
Lime juice – 1 tsp
Raisins – 1 tsp
Dry slit red chillies – 2
Water – 1 cup
Mustard oil – 1 tsp
Salt as per taste
1. Mix the pumpkins with tamarind water.
2. Fry the mustard seeds in hot oil till they start sizzling.
3. Add chillies, bay leaf and raisins and stir for few minutes.
4. Add the pumpkin-tamarind mixture and cook for a couple of minutes.
5. Now add the jaggery mixture and boil at a low flame for a couple of minutes.
6. After removing from the fire add the lime juice and mix well.
7. Remove the bay leaf before serving.