Plump and diced ripe tomatoes – 500 gms
Dissolved grated jaggery – 1/2 cup
Bay leaf – 1
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
Lime juice – 1 tsp
Raisins – 1 tsp
Dry slit red chillies – 2
Water – 1 cup
Mustard oil – 1 tsp
Salt as per taste
1. Fry the mustard seeds in hot oil till they start sizzling.
2. Add chillies, bay leaf and raisins and stir for few minutes.
3. Cook the tomatoes with the fried spices till the tomatoes change colour.
4. Add the jaggery mixture and simmer for a couple of minutes or till the dish is thick with a rich colour.
5. Add the lime juice and stir well.
6. Remove the bay leaf before serving.