Grilled Fish – Poora Machh
Sole fish – 500 gms
Mustard seeds – 2 tbsp, soaked and ground
Coriander leaves or mint leaves – 1 bunch, chopped
Garlic – 6 flakes, crushed
Chilli powder – 1 tbsp
Lime juice – 2 tbsp
Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
Mustard oil – 2 tbsp
Salt – 1 tsp
1. Slacken fillets off the backbones and keep them attached to the sides of the fishes.
2. Apply oil to the entire body and between the fillets of the fishes and keep them aside.
3. Make an even paste of the spices and properly marinate the fishes with it and leave for an hour.
4. Now tie the fishes with banana leaves and place on an open charcoal fire or wrap up with aluminum foil to cook in a barbecue. Cook till they get tender.
5. Serve with plain boiled rice.