Tender bamboo shoot – 1 piece, about one foot long
Baking soda – 2 tsp
Fenugreek seeds – 1 tsp
Dry red chillies – 4
Oil – 1 cup
Salt as per taste
1. Scale off the hard exterior of the bamboo shoot, cut into small pieces and rinse thoroughly.
2. Mix the incised bamboo shoot pieces with baking powder and keep aside.
3. Mix and fry methi seeds, red dry chillies and add salt as per taste.
4. Put the bamboo shoot pieces into the fried spices and cook on a lower flame till the shoots dry up.
5. Add 2 tbsp of water to the pan and stir well.
6. Serve hot and crisp.