Curry Leaves is primarily used as a flavouring agent in Indian cuisine. Curry leaf powder is a very popular accompaniment to any meal in South India. This thogayal made with black sesame seeds and curry leaves is rich in iron and is helpful in aiding digestion. Serve with cooked rice and ghee.
- Roasted Black Sesame Seeds – 1 tblsp
- Curry Leaves – 1 cup
- Ginger – 2 tblsp, Peeled and grated
- Tamarind – small piece
- Jaggery – small piece
- Salt to Taste
- Separately grind the sesame seeds in a mixer.
- Add the curry leaves along and give a short blend.
- Later add, salt, tamarind, grated ginger, jaggery and grind it to a thick paste.
- If needed, add very little water and grind.
- This thogayal is rich in iron and very good source of digestion.