Uttapam (or Uthappam) is a very popular South Indian breakfast dish . Made with standard idli/dosa batter, Uttapams are thicker than the normal dosa. Serve this with chutney and sambar of choice.
- Ginger – 1/4 cup, Peeled, Grated
- Idli Batter – 2 cups
- Carrot – 3 tblsp, Grated
- Coriander Leaves – 3 tblsp
- Asafoetida – 1/2 tsp
- Gingelly Oil – 5 tblsp
- Salt to Taste
- Heat 2 tblsp of oil in a pan.
- Add the grated ginger and saute for few minutes and keep aside to cool down.
- Add the grated ginger, grated carrots, coriander leaves, asafoetida and salt as required to the idli batter.
- Heat a tawa and add little oil.
- Pour a ladleful of the batter.
- Spread into a medium thick circle.
- If required, add oil to the sides.
- Do not flip back, cook on one side only.
- Remove and serve hot with chutney or sambar.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !