curry leaves – 1 bunch
onion – 2 medium size
tomato – 1 large size
green chillies – 2 or 3
tamarind – a small piece
oil – 2 tea spoon
mustard seeds – half teaspoon
urid dal – half teaspoon
bengal gram – half teaspoon
salt as per taste
1. Heat oil in a pan.
2. Add mustard seeds, wait until it splutters then add urid dal & bengal gram.
3. Add the chopped onions & green chillies, saut until golden brown.
4. Add the tomatoes and tamarind and continue to stir.
5. Now add the curry leaves and stir-fry for 5-7 minutes.
6. Leave it to cool & then grind.
7. Serve with idli, dosa or hot steaming rice.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !