A popular and one of the easiest fish recipes from the coastal regions of India, the Tawa Masala Pomfret is a great appetizer to any meal. Pomfret fillets are marinated in spices and cooked on a tawa. Serve with mint chutney and onion salad.
- Pomfret Fillets – 4, medium
- Juice of 2 Lemons
- Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tblsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tblsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1 tblsp
- Salt as per taste
- Oil for cooking
- Combine the lemon juice, spices and salt in a bowl.
- Add the pomfret fillets and coat evenly.
- Heat little oil in a nonstick tawa over medium flame.
- Sear the marinated fillets on both sides and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove and serve with onion salad and mint chutney.
image via youtube