Thenga Chammanthi is a Kerala style coconut chutney. A traditional and popular recipe, Thenga Chammanthi is served as a side dish / accompaniment with rice, dosa, or idly.
- Coconut – 1 cup
- Tamarind – big amla size
- Red Chillies – 2
- Oil – 1/2 tblsp
- Salt to Taste
- Curry Leaves – few
- To a pan, heat oil in medium flame.
- Roast the coconut until golden brown.
- Add curry leaves at the end.
- Remove from flame and cool it.
- Add salt, tamarind and grind it using very little water.
- Serve with rice or dosai.
Variation: Shallots and ginger could be added.
image via YouTube