Lotus root – 30 inch long
Spinach – 1 bunch
Kashmiri red chillies – 4
Ginger – 1 tsp, grated
Garlic – 1/2 tsp, grated
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp
Curd – 1/2 tsp
Mustard oil – 2 tbsp
Salt as per taste
1. Clean and chop the lotus roots into 1 inch long chunks.
2. Pressur cook till soft.
3. Drain and set aside.
4. Clean and coarsely chop spinach.
5. Wash, drain and keep aside.
6. Heat oil. Add ginger, garlic, chillies and stir for a moment. Add the turmeric powder and salt.
7. Add the curd and stir continuously on low heat till well mixed with the spices.
8. Add spinach and lotus roots and cook till the gravy has dried.
9. Sprinkle garam masala powder, stir and remove from fire.
10. Serve hot with roti or rice.