Kesari is a popular South Indian dessert sweet made during festive occasions. This variation uses pulp of musk melon and is equally tasty as the original.
Musk Melon Pulp – 1 cup
Rava (Sooji) – 1 cup
Sugar – 2 cups
Water – 3 cups
Cardamom Powder – 1/4 tsp
Ghee – 1/4 cup
Cashew Nuts – handful
Raisins – handful
1. Heat 1/4 cup of ghee in a pan over medium flame.
2. Fry the cashew nuts and raisins for a minute.
3. Remove and keep aside.
4. To the same pan, add the rava and roast until golden.
5. Add hot water and cook until the rava is tender and soft.
6. Add the sugar, musk melon pulp, cardamom powder and mix well.
7. Add the cashew nuts and raisins.
8. Stir once or twice.
9. Remove and serve.